I have several 'kits' that are first-aid in nature but they vary quite a bit. I've been an EMT, dumb kid, street cop, CO, office dweller and am currently a cubical / keyboard old-fart commando in our state Corrections training shop. Computers, rookies, bureaucrats & paper have become my life...

Anyway, I have discovered over time and different jobs that the kit I carry or have at-hand will depend on what/where I am doing things. Work - way different than what is in the car as it is geared for what can happen in an urban office environment and/or if I'm working at a prison site and/or 'on the street' in the field doing training and it has something for GSW (gun shot wound) for example. The car kit is built around vehicle accident concerns and there are not specific GSW supplies there. The Get Home/ready Bag FA kit is a lot more generalized and has more "stuff" in it as well.

Sure, there is a lot of cross-over between them but as I've built them they have evolved to meet more specific situations. As I am usually in a city or very close to substantial medical help I also tend to have stocked things to respond to immediate need and don't have resources for long-term support. If I am going out hunting in the boondocks with my buddy - that kit gets built for the trip and is a unique combination of all the others and has included materials for longer term support until help arrives.

Just thinking out-loud... folks need to start from a baseline of general needs and then flesh it out with what is best for their environment, needs and expected conditions. So, a pre-built kit may be a great starting point but it is just that, a start and should be customized to meet your expected needs and skill set.

Paul -