After reconsidering the intent of the largish FAK in my truck, I’ve decided to focus it more on wound trauma that might be encountered at a traffic accident. My bicycle kit needed a tourniquet, but so does my truck kit and there’s room. So it gets two T’s - the C-A-T that was there already and the SWAT-T that was going in my bicycle kit. The second C-A-T in the truck goes into the bike kit for now. I’m kinda liking the SWAT-T.

Around here (and elsewhere) any serious traffic accident will have LE, Fire and EMT’s responding, but that takes time and the first person on-scene is usually someone other than a professional. Any severe bleeding needs to be controlled by the first person there — certified or not — or the accident victim may not survive for the EMT’s.

So two different T’s, one will work better. I think I prefer the C-A-T because of the windlass and its ability to seriously constrict blood flow. But the SWAT-T seems to be fairly versatile and at 4” wide might be better for direct pressure where a “tourniquet” is not required. I’m not sure one is better than the other — different, not necessarily better.

In case you’re wondering, this is my version of life insurance, mine or some stranger’s. Probably cheaper than one month’s payment on the traditional $ coverage. I’m wondering why I didn’t do this before now.