while true - the site has 'lost' members and the core group continues to post but it has diminished in volume - however the quality is still very high.

I would hate to see it go and don't really think it will for sometime yet. This is due to the efforts of the core group. But, like several other sites I have enjoyed and used over the years the day will come when this web page is no longer active and will be gone. With that in mind I've looked far and wide and have still not found anything that measures up to replace ETS.

True, there are a bunch of 'prepper' sites and some of those are really, really bad - a few I visit have some good material but you have to sift through it to find the nuggets. One example is https://survivalblog.com/

I have found the above site has a lot of very good information there and really like the ability to search it when I'm looking for something specific. It is not everyone's cup of tea but I have found it useful. Again, you need to sift for the gold.

I've been a member of a 'closed' cop page for almost 20 years and we have kept it going these last couple of years on the posting of about 4 - 5 people and we lost one of them this year when he passed away. That site is on the way out but the handful of us still checking in every week have kept it going about six years after the owner/manager died. It won't go much more and will be greatly missed by it's members but it's on the closing end of it's electronic life. It's sort of like life... these sites are born, grow, mature and finally age out and become a part of the past. As I age I am finding much of what I used and valued is fading away on many fronts. Cue the big sigh!

As a closing note - I have never found a site like this and one that has the quality and value which is due to the contributors here. I hope the day the final post is uploaded is a long way off.

Paul -