Originally Posted By: adam2
Whilst times are normal, I believe in not attracting undue attention.
Dress in a similar style to those around you, don't stand out.
Avoid expressing strong opinions on politics, morals, religion, or even sporting teams.
Democracy is important, but I limit my involvement to voting for the party that I support. And maybe attending small, local, indoor meetings, I would never attend or go near any large scale political rally.

In times of tension or impending riot, stay away from trouble, possibly stay indoors.
Keep an eye on the news for events that could lead to disorder.

Cary a concealed weapon where lawful, but remember that it is better to be in some other place rather than getting into a shoot out.

Make your home as secure as possible without looking like a fortress or being in any way unusual.

Keep supplies of food and water, for emergencies in general and in particular to avoid any need to go the shops for a few days.

I sense a mixed message in that post (possibly due my reading), particularly the comment about carrying a concealed weapon. Don’t carry because of the riot, but rather because you always legally carry a concealed weapon. IMO, people who carry a firearm into a riot are either LE, wannabe LE or bad guys. That said, at least for me, carrying forced me into a heightened state of situational awareness. In many cases (again my opinion), that situational awareness is much more useful than the firearm for personal defense if you heed the signals and leave. I’m not a member of LE so I’d much rather avoid, step well away and be prepared with my cell-phone and camera from a safe distance. $.02