Another thing you could try is using a vacuum sealer to hold small pill bottles full of meds. Many items, I don't know about pill bottles specifically, tighten up and end up like a brick once vacuum sealed. Like when I vacuum seal coffee beans. I end up with a solid hard brick that I could conk somebody with. Plus, your pills would end up water and dust proof. Label the bag with contents and date using a Sharpie marker before use (it's difficult to write on those bags once they've gotten all bumpy after vacuuming). Get the cut-to-size roll of bag material so you can construct any bag size that you require - very small to large. There's lots of stuff for bug-out that might benefit from vacuum seal waterproof packaging. A box of wooden matches, trail mix, an emergency roll of toilet paper. Lot's of stuff. You mentioned sunscreen and bug repellent above. Those would be good in a sealed bag too, since mine always tend to leak on me. Just use that new box cuter knife you are looking at to open the bags when needed. Save the bags after opening for re-use. You can even buy the sealer machines that run off of car batteries (I'm sure Cabela's would carry such a thing).