Taking another look at utility knives in general and they seem to come in at about 4+ ounces. The Dozier mentioned weighs about 2.4 ounces and the Spyderco Delica weighs 2.5 ounces. The weight difference may or may not be significant for Jeanette. As I carry a knife, 4 oz is way heavier than 2.5 ounces

As clarification on an earlier comment, I view EDC as a separate function than cutting boxes. A utility knife is somewhat specialized, using thin stock cheap replaceable blades rather than a better steel with a more robust, heavier blade design.

A Venn diagram would help. Consider two overlapping circles, one represents EDC knives, the other represents box cutters. Jeanette needs a knife that is in the overlap.

Do the folding utility knives we’ve been discussing fall into the overlap or in the box cutter circle but outside the overlap. That’s really a personal choice. I personally would not EDC a utility knife unless I was continually needing to cut boxes while out and about, and I didn’t need a knife for anything else. In my view, there are very few (zero) knives in the overlap. But that’s me. Utility knives are for tool boxes and bags, not clipping to the front pocket of my hiking shorts. The Benchmade 535 Bugout clipped to my pocket as I type weighs 1.8 ounces, heavier is noticeable.