Solar power can be a controversial topic. My take is that if power company lines are available, they are the most affordable far and away. However, having been through lengthy power outages, I have wanted some options.

A solar panel running a 30 Ah agm battery can do a lot in terms of charging smaller aa batteries or charging power tools with a D.C. Charger. The harbor freight system might be inexpensive, but it seems to me that's a lot of solar panel square footage to get 100w. You can get a smaller kit from a place like renogy or windy nation etc., say 50 or 60 watt panel, and use it to run a 25-30 Ah lead battery. However, the problem with this, as I've discovered is having to keep that battery charged up and from going dead. Requires some attention, and even an agm battery is not going to last forever.

A better solution, I think, for the frugal prepper wanting to power small devices, is smaller panels charging power packs and the like. Here's some ideas:

Goal zero is pricey but good quality, their USB quick 10 charger (which I've used and it works) will charge 4 aa batteries and can also be used to recharge a phone. Their 14w foldable solar panel will run that quick 10 charger but also can charge small electronics directly. The charger is $40 and the panel is $150

I have a Duracell power pack pro 1300, which functions as a car jump starter, and as a home power source in outages, with a 12v PowerPoint and USB slots. It has an 18Ah agm battery internally and runs $175. Amazon lists a $100 instapark solar panel for it which I have not used. The Duracell has worked well for me.

Also there is on amazon an Anker 21 watt foldable USB solar panel for I think about $50. It can power both small electronics or an anker, or anyone's, powerbank.

These are some ideas I thought I would put a it there. This sort of stuff won't give you easy living in a power outage, but can be used to keep your small electronics, aa lanterns, small short wave and 2-way radios running. I've included prices not to try to sell anyone, but because it does matter to people, and to give an idea of what the outlay is.