I guess I'll be the wet blanket! wink Bear in mind that this comes from my being a chef by trade, so it may not apply to everyone. But to me the attributes that make a knife good for bushcraft are not the same ones that make a good kitchen knife. Again, this is based on my experience as a chef. A professional cook will hold the knife in a pinch grip, thumb and forefinger on the sides of the blade. Cuts will usually be made in a slicing motion or by rocking the blade tip-to-heel. Generally the latter is the method by which most chopping is done, and that technique is predicated on having the traditional chef knife profile.

Still any knife can cut food! I would prefer a thin blade and ideally not a scandi grind (for food). It probably goes without saying that while I love burning fatwood I would rather not have pine resin in my food!

Even though the Scandi grind isn't ideal for food I do love Mora knives. They're towards the cheap and cheerful end of the price spectrum yet they're high quality and will do most anything you need to do. Recently I purchased a used Mora Garberg at a price I couldn't resist. While it's expensive for a Mora, my initial impressions are that it still offers a great value for what you pay!