Well, the mania continues! grin Recently I picked up a couple more MT's from another forum. A fellow was selling a Leatherman Skeletool and an entry level Gerber tool for $30 shipped for both of 'em! shocked I felt a little guilty so I threw in an extra $15 but even so that's a great deal. Always wanted a Skeletool but never pulled the trigger, so I was stoked!

It doesn't disappoint! Most of the time that I reach for a MT it's to use the pliers. If not the pliers, often a screwdriver. Or a knife. The Skeletool has just those three tools that I use most with none of the stuff I rarely use. It's a very lightweight multitool! The quality seems excellent and it feels sturdy and smooth. I decided to order the spare driver kit from Amazon to round out the package.

So today it arrived! It's two small flat plastic widgets that each hold ten (10) double-ended bits for a total of 20 pieces; that works out to 40 different bits and drivers yet it takes very little space. The Skeletool holds one bit in the driver socket and one in a small compartment in the handle. So I stuck the Philips bit in the handle and swapped in the Torx bit that fits the screws that attach the TKC scales to my ESEE knives. IIRC it's the same bit that fits the kydex adjusters of my Garrett Industries holsters, too!

So far I'm very pleased! I don't think it will bump the Spirit X from its perch atop my list of favorites but I really like it a lot.

BTW, my SwissTool X also showed up from Woot! cool Multitool mania indeed! grin