I have been carrying a small pill container that I purchased at a truck stop long ago. It has an internal plastic vial in which I put several Nitroglycerin tablets and a few aspirins. I did this at the suggestion of my primary care person at my VA hospital. I have a heart condition and this could be very useful if I or another person has a heart attack.

I wondered if it would stay secure without tape and so far (over a year now) it has resided on my rather poorly treated key ring. It has a rubber O ring which seems to be holding up well.

I had another container in which I carried a $100 bill and that one started out being taped, but the tape became sticky in the Arizona heat so I put some heat shrink tubing around it. The heat shrink worked pretty well, but eventually it will expand again and become large enough to slip off the container. I then heat it again and it shrinks tight for awhile. I was not willing to experiment having that container un-secured by tape or heat shrink tubing.

We tried another container attached to a dogs collar with owner information inside. It lasted less than a week before all that remained was the top. It was not secured with either tape or heat shrink tubing.