Originally Posted By: chaosmagnet
The SWAT-T is better than nothing but not recommended. Granular QuikClot is not recommended, nor are QuikClot sponges. QuikClot gauze is really good.

If space allows, I plan to include two Combat Application Tourniquets. I am building this kit with some financial restrictions. Therefore, I bought the QuickClot sponge.

I'd recommend that you delete the decompression needles unless you have been trained to use them, and add more chest seals instead. If you are not a medical professional a decompression needle is way outside the scope of your practice, and a lot of harm can be done if they are used improperly.

I have not been trained with the decompression needle. I acknowledge learning the procedure from the book, which is what I did, is not the same. One thing the author drives home more than anything else is:

If the situation is desperate and the victim is literally dying, there is only one thing that you can do to possibly save his life.

Pleural should not be undertaken lightly and should be attempted only is the victim appears to be dying.

With that established, should I delete the decompression needles from the list?

You can never have too many bandaids, gloves, or BZK wipes. You can never have too much gauze, bandages, or good tape.

I may bring a box of gloves with me. The rest would depend on how much space we have.

You're don't have much in the way of OTC meds for multiple people or more than one day.

It's not like we can look in the future and know what is needed, how many people will be there or be involved. This is a judgment call. I forgot to mention the Alka-Seltzer and I am considering two other things such as oral rehydration salts.

I also have my EDC kit and a separate bottle of aspirin.

Jeanette Isabelle