That Seahorse case doesn't sound like it will meet her needs if she's looking for total immersion protection:

Quote:
Dustproof, Airtight & Watertight Protection (Mil. Std. 810F, 512.4 & IP67). Capable of withstanding water immersion between 15cm and 1 meter for 30 minutes.

Jeanette - Do you have an attic? For what you are planning, leave stuff at home during a bug-out, you could maybe get something like an old non-working refrigerator and bolt it up in your attic rafters for security (on it's back, door side up). Refrigerators are not water tight but might be somewhat water resistant. And if adequately wrapped with a chain and lock, they are pretty secure. You should be able to get a broken one for free somewhere. Then you'd have to charm the neighborhood teenagers into getting it up to the attic for you.

Even those Pelican cases - I'm not so sure they're designed for long duration complete submersion. Before spending all that money on a Pelican - and yes, they ARE good cases - make sure it really meets your needs. I've always considered them more as protection from banging around and dropping, not as mini-submarines. Since you're in Florida, I don't think you live in a canyon where the water could get THAT deep. I looked up the town you list in your profile and it looks like you're close to halfway between the east and west coasts of Florida. If the water gets 10 feet deep there (attic height), then your stuff will probably be toast no matter what you do. I've never been in a hurricane. Does the water get THAT deep that far from the coast???