Once upon a time, I lived up on Coquitlam Plateau and not far from Eagle and Burke Mountains, so I know that area very well. Lots of speculation and guessing as to how/why etc but the best resource is this AAR from Coquitlam SAR. This was a big search and involved the collective best of the best SAR teams drawn from a very big area.

At 8pm on Monday November 20th Coquitlam SAR was activated by Coquitlam RCMP for missing 56 year old dog walker Annette Poitras on Westwood Plateau in Coquitlam. This search, which began as so many searches we handle, ended three days later with the successful rescue of Annette and the three dogs.

What follows is a short summary of the search and our thanks to all of the people who contributed to the successful outcome.

Edit: Looks like the website is crashing due to overload. I'll see if I can find a cached copy.

Cached copy of the website and report.

John Lubbock