I haven't seen Millennium bars around here yet, but I too am a fan of Daytrex and Cliff bars. I snack on them once in a while, and my kids love them, but I try to reserve them for emergency rations.

As for actual planned menu items, MH and MREs do make appearances in my packs, but I find them too expensive. MREs are heavy and bulky too, at least until you factor in the water that you may need to make other stuff. Water weight is water weight and there's just no getting around it. Try eating those ration bars without washing it down with a litre of water. UGH!

I love finding my own DYI rations and recipes. I haven't started dehydrating my own stuff yet, but grocery stores, Walmart and Dollarama all have lots of options for ready-to-eat-condensed-dehyrdrated foods that are budget-friendly, packable and tasty. The options available for grains and canned meat these days is pretty impressive, for example.

Not sure what your taste buds like, but check out the International section of your local stores. Ours are carrying lots of interesting stuff!

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA