I mean no disrespect to the OP, but, like hikermor, I find the video to be highly unrealistic for most. If you have really poor judgment, then, yeah, maybe it's worth something.

The biggest clue to me that the video might stem from fantasy is that it seems to neglect the fact that forming a social unit is often a social process. Consequently you cannot easily select and reject people like a dictator. In the "SHTF" world that the person in the video imagines, will he be taking applications online for his survival group? Reading résumés? Holding interviews? Drive around in the Mad Max wasteland, running into exotically dressed people, joining forces to fight a common evil? You're more likely to form a survival group with the social units you already have -- your family, friends, and possibly co-workers and neighbors. Now, there is no rule that says your son, whom you love above all things, cannot be the hot head, the liar, the thief, etc. Even if you want to get rid of him, maybe your spouse doesn't want that. Maybe his siblings will leave you. That's one place where problems come in. I'd like to see the video maker explain to parents how to leave their beloved child to fend for himself.

Now, if you're talking about a ship/planewreck, your survival group has been chosen for you. You can be stuck with the problems.

Discerning character takes a long time of observation. So if the video is about taking in strangers, it's a gross simplification. Moreover, in an organization the problems can sometimes come from the combination of personalities, rather than from any individual personality. That takes time to figure out, too. I don't see any consideration of this issue.