I am sure your proposals make sense from a UK perspective. I am dubious that they will all work as well where these fires are actually occurring.

The standing trees,for the most part are dead, their leaes et al. burned away, as is typical in crown fires.

This is earthquake country and wood frame structures are easily the most quake resistant. One solution is a system that applies fire resistant foam to a structure (usually applied as the owner scurries out the door). Other measures can include metal roofs, anti-ember screens in roof vents, removal of deal leaves and litter (a job I was working on just yesterday and which I will continue shortly).

100 foot clearance is already mandated throughout the state, I believe. In my country, 300 foot clearance is required in susceptible places, with demonstrably good results.

On my one visit to the UK (in August, by chance) I was struck by the exceptional green lushness everywhere. This is a startling contrast to California, where everything is brown - just waiting for that initial spark. Normal conditions here are radically different from Merrie England.

Years ago, when first trained in wild fire suppression, I was told that California chaparral was the most dangerous fire environment. The exceptional conditions we are experiencing now demonstrate the truth of that statement. Remenber that one of these fires jumped a six lane freeway. That is a bit wider than any fire line I ever built.

I am sure there will be tactical analyses and changes to procedures as a result of these fires. I doubt they will include additional half equipped personnel. I would bet on faster air response....