This True Story Occurred During the 9-11 Attacks. (The *Second* Major WTC Attack. 2001 vs 1993).

To Make Matters More Dicey!, -in the Midst of their Extrication Process, -a Part of the Squeegie Fell Off, Falling Far Below! And they had to then Make Do with What Remained!

Were it Not For the Window Guy and his Squeegie, -I Think, as I Recall, that None would have Successfully Got Out in Time At All!

In Addition to the Items you mention, -in the Event of "Merely" being in a Stuck Elevator, -I would Add Having Something that you can Drill Hole with! Air is a Paramount Concern for me!, in any Stuck Elevator or Other Enclosure!

Perhaps some Closed Elevators Aren't Entirely Airtight. (Some Air perhaps Enters thru Cracks Etc, -in Some Elevators). But Others perhaps are Fully, -or at Least Largely and Effectively Airtight!

Those Several Executives and the Window Man, -Essentially did a Drill or Bore Out!

I Grant that since WW-2, -Elevators typically have a "Catch Mechanism", as some of you Describe. Thats All to the Well and Good! I was Somehow Thinking something like this, -that this could be SOP and the Case. Elevators are Quite Unlikely to Go Carreening to the Bottom in a Free Fall, -as a Result!

My Question though Addressed a Hypothetical "What If?!" By both the Things I've mentioned in my original Post, -and in Many of the Answers Others have Contributed, -It Looks like a Feeble Human Jump, -against the Backdrop of such a Larger, Total Fall! Will Do the One Attempting to Survive Such, -Essentially to Entirely No Good! With the Exception of Only Small Heights or Falls. Were That we Could! We Most Probably Cannot! [color:"black"] [/color] [email]kc2ixe[/email]