Originally Posted By: CJK
Solar chargers....fixated? No.....but we live in FLORIDA. We had more sun than we could use. In this case at least one solar charger would help. We had trouble in the first few days as we couldn't get off the property....literally. Our neighbors had generators so I know I could've charged phones if we could have gotten to them. Barring that a solar charger would have been the only real help.

Guess I should have said "fixated only on solar." Solar is great and I have spent a lot time learning and refining our solar and other alternate power systems. However, solar should not considered the whole package as it certainly has it's disadvantages.

I mentioned the Anker chargers as an alternate as they can re-charge most cell phones multiple times - day or night which is something solar cannot do. Also the Ankers are portable and be carried anywhere. I keep one in my EDC all the time and have used it multiple times to charge my own phone and other peoples phones.

Interesting on your comments about not being able to charge phones for the first few days. Do you have a vehicle and if so, does it not have a USB plug or 12 volt plug receptacle that you plug in a 12 volt>>USB adapter to charge a phone?

John Lubbock