Just wanted to share a minor incovenience that occurred to me last sunday.

My girlfriend and I took a short hike to a local festival in a nearby village, which is in midmountain position directly above our home. It's just about a 1 hour, upward walk on easy trail. Nothing could go wrong on such outing, right?

Well, upon arrival, we were just starting to enjoy the festival, walking along the narrow cobblestone streets, when my right boot (a hitherto trusty Magnum Response, no affiliation etc.) failed suddenly and spectacularly: almost the entire rubber sole detached itself from the upper leather part. I nearly tripped, and my girlfriend was about to phone his brother to come pick us with his car, as obviously I couldn't make the return walk in that condition, when I stopped her.

Years of lurking here en the ETS forums taught me to always keep a roll of duct tape in my backpack. A few rolls around the boot kept it together long enough for us to reach home.

I feel sorry for my boots, but they're over 10 years old. I guess sheer age caused the glue keeping the sole and the leather together to fail.

I'm trying to reglue them as I write (the left boot too was about to fail, I noticed afterwards), using Bostik Super Clear glue and applying pressure with clamps for 24 hours. I hope I can fix them, but I don't know if I could manage to trust them again, even for short hike...