This one is shaping up to be a real flooder. After making landfall somewhere around Corpus Christi, it is projected to stall or reverse course slightly and then meander up the coastline here to the Houston area. I'm not terribly concerned about the wind, but the NWS is using the term "catastrophic flooding" and predicting 15 to 35 inches of rain for this area through Wednesday. Storm surge is never an issue for me as our house is well away from the coast at 140 feet above sea level but sheet flooding is a real possibility out here on the Katy Prairie. Houston is called the "Bayou City" and it doesn't take much to fill the bayous to overflowing and because it's so flat here, there's nowhere for the water to go. My prayers are with the people downstream from us as they are doomed if the predicted rainfall amounts occur. We've got flood insurance so we're covered.

I believe that Blast is on the north side of Houston up in the Piney Woods, so he'll have downed trees to deal with if the winds are high.