I'm about 1-3/4 hours away from the center of the totality zone (during normal traffic). However, the traffic up from Denver to Wyoming, the route I'd have to take up I-25, is expected to be a near dead standstill. No place to stay at this late date. Wouldn't pay the asking price of around $1000 per night for a hotel room even if one were available. Camping would be out of the question - everything snarfed up long ago.

I want to go. But I think I'll have to pass. Most likely outcome from an attempt to get there would be seeing a partial eclipse from the middle of a horrible traffic jam far short of the totality zone. You'd probably needs days worth of emergency supplies just to survive the traffic. I think I'll have to be satisfied with the approx 90% eclipse in my backyard.

I've got a good friend in rural Kentucky whose place is right in the middle of the totality zone. Perfect spot. He said that local law enforcement are warning the locals to banish all people from their property, else the visitors would probably end up owning the property (after suing from getting hurt on it due to crowds/accidents).