I live in a highly likely earthquake prone area and I try to be prepared for that eventuality. Realistically, there will be NO prior notification of the event. A system currently under development might give advance warning ranging from a few seconds to a few minutes, depending upon the location of the epicenter.

My alert status, on the DefCon scale, is exactly DefCon 4.32. I follow elements of W800's measures nearly all the time; e.e; I try to keep my gas tank filled at all times; vital gear placed in secure locations around my property and outside the house, etc. It is safe to say I live in a target zone, but it is nice country. I manageto enjoy life now and then.

With respect to target zones, there are those that nukes are intended to hit, and there are those that are actually hit; they are not necessarily the same, I'll wager. And then there is the issue of fallout. It is probably not the best situation to be downwind of the mushrooming cloud.

Even if an adversary is turned into a glowing, radioactive pit, one has to wonder about the eventual effect of radiation, probably circulated world-wide, on the "winners"?