My first Garmin GPS was a GPS V from many years ago. It had a waypoint averaging function that allowed it to take many satellite hits over a long period of time to get a more precise waypoint location. Both my GPSMAP 60CSx and the Oregon 600 also have this feature.

As I recall, the GPS V had a location accuracy field which you could see get smaller in size as the satellite hits were aggregated over time and the locational accuracy improved; the best I ever got was 12' and that took a long time. The Oregon 600 is similar in that it has a "confidence bar" that starts at O and fills with time to 100% at which time additional satellite hits will not improve the accuracy. The accuracy is shown in a separate field and in the case of my mailbox, the accuracy is 9'. The process of getting to that accuracy took about 2 minutes -- an improvement in both time and accuracy over the older GPS receiver.

The reason I bring that up is the Oregon 600 has a set of functions for GeoCaching, for which a more precise fix would be useful. It can also use something called a Chirp. Not really sure how useful that would be outside geocaching recreational games. But if you are into caching supplies, finding them later would be a good thing.