Some thoughts about this ...

Most countries around the world do not understand how the USA works. When US authorities have what they believe to be a "credible threat" they must respond. This means that the US Gov't and military must mobilize resources to counter the threat. And IMO ... so they should. A potential threat to the mainland must have a response. So it is likely that you will see other cities in the USA start to make statements to protect their citizens. They have a legal duty to do this.

North Korea can potentially do 'anything' ... they are very unprecictable. But try to keep in mind - they have never once tested a real ICBM on a realistic flight path. Its really a "hit or miss" game for them, a rocket could go anywhere.

I do agree that if a Korean missile exploded a nuke, wild fires are a problem. Thats a potential problem, but the USA has a lot of great people to respond to this. We can manage it. The biggest risk from a nuclear explosion is the fierce heat from the nuclear bomb. Therefore, if the US broadcasts an "incoming missile" warning, your best bet is to remain indoors or underground ... any place away from open sky. Stay away from windows, do not 'watch for the event'.

I personally think that the USA is dealing with this threat at the right time ... now. Before N. Korea has a chance to make this technology more threatening and more lethal. I live on the West Coast too. I am not losing sleep. The USA has tremendous resources to deal with threats.

THANKS to all US military and civilian contractors who are working super-hard to keep our country safe. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!!

Pete

Edited by Pete (08/10/17 05:38 PM)