Russ ... thanks. I will check it out. I was also wondering about calibration ... known radiation souces. Need to investigate this too.

I am not worried about Fukushima. I am very unhappy that they are dumping enormous quantities of tritium into the ocean. and i am not convinced that it's "harmless". But i am not worrying about it.

I live on the West Coast of the USA. We are watching the situation in N. Korea with a good deal of concern. Perhaps the two sides will negotiate a settlement. But right now the direction of events is moving towards a "use of force". If one or more nuclear explosions take place on the Korean peninsula, i would like to be able to monitor radiation levels independently.

I do not fear a grave threat. but the biggest thing i learned from the whole Fukushima incident ... when it comes to radiation leaks, no government ever reveals the truth. I think the public is better served if there are independemt sources of data. This also stops people from exploiting bad news and creating "false crises", if a real concern does not exist.

cheers,
Pete

Edited by Pete (08/10/17 02:19 PM)