For those interested in an air rifle, this particular model is highly recommendex.

https://www.amazon.com/RWS-Pellet-Model-Combo-Rifle/dp/B000UPFH4E?tag=airriflehun03-20

But i have only done research, and i dont own one. Please note that the price is slightly over $300. So there is no price advantage. You could buy a basic rifle from Savage Arms, under $400, and get excellent accuracy - all for the same general price range.

The reviewers who used this air rifle did get excellent accuracy, spreads of pellets within a 1 inch-circle, over a range distance of 25 meters. But yes, this is a very small range, in the grand scheme of things.

I think that the points made above about the 22LR are an excellent argument. When I said "small game" i was really thinking about squirrels and smaller ground birds. but a 22LR would allow shots at rabbits at longer distances.

I am curious about the sound levels. I live in a very quiet place, part urban and part farmland. The sound of gunshots would not be particularly welcome here. but really, the 22 caliber in an air rifle might not have much advantage ... as far as not disturbing the neighbors.

Pete

Edited by Pete (08/03/17 05:26 PM)