Today I got two more first aid kits. The Curad first aid kit has a real finger splint, not a tongue depressor.

http://curad.com/product/complete-first-aid-kit/

The Rapid Care kit includes Water-Jel products.

I have no plans modifying these kits at this time.

Edit: I furthered examined both kits and I have nothing new to add regarding the Curad first aid kit except for the self-adhesive bandages: Except for the 2" x 4" strips, all self-adhesive are in one box, unorganized. I have seen kit manufacturers doing it this way before but never when there are as many as eleven different sizes. I don't see how a person can find the right size bandage without dumping out the entire box.

Upon further examination of the Rapid Care kit, I discovered another positive. The expiration dates of the limited life items are easy to find and easy to read. This is especially useful if you have to keep track of a lot of supplies. The drawbacks are the tape and scissors. The amount of tape provided is minimal. It's hard to determine if the amount is adequate for this kit. The scissors are as basic as it gets. They look like a smaller version of a pair of scissors in a kids' school supplies. Perhaps the only thing it is good at is cutting tape.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Curad, Rapid Care or Water-Jel.

Jeanette Isabelle

Edited by Jeanette_Isabelle (07/31/17 12:18 AM)