Jeanette

A couple of helpful suggestions, after having the experience of taking groups of people overseas for more than 15 years.

1. It is quite easy to forget your passport. Not only because you accidentally left it at home. But also because it's super-easy to misplace the passport when you are going through airline security.

Here are the things I do, to make sure this disaster does not happen ...

1. When leaving home, about to get into the taxi for the airport, I check that I have 3 things in my carry-on bag ... passport, wallet and airline tickets. These things go in my bag, i never put them in my pockets.

2. After going through airline security, waiting at the departure gate, i check all 3 things again. This check is very important.

3. When I get off the plane, as soon as i set foot on the arrival pkatform, i do the same check again. That way, if the passport is accidentally left on the plane, a stewardess can get it for you.

4. After I collect my luggage, before i get in the taxi for the hotel, i do the same check again.

So that's 4 independent checks for your most important things, at different stages of the journey.

Finally, what do you do ... if your passport is lost or stolen?

MAKE SURE you make a photocopy of the important pages of your passport. clear and legible. put that in your carry-on. If an emergency happens, go to the US Consulate. if you give them the photocopy, along with new photos of you, they can replace the passport in 24-48 hours. I do know someone who went thru this nightmare. It was scary for them, but stay calm. It will work out.

Pete

Edited by Pete (07/27/17 07:14 PM)