Originally Posted By: DesertFox

Port Authority bus terminal canceled all buses out within 30 minutes of lights out.

That's very interesting, I was wondering if the bus service would keep running during a power outage.

FDR Drive and West Side Highway were both shut down. By National Guard. With Humvees and crew-served weapons. Heavily armed NYPD forces were visible too. Canal Street was a dividing line for a while. Nobody was allowed south of there (unless they lived there I think). That was enforced by heavily armed NYPD and National Guard.

That's another problem for A in case he tries to close to the city in search of B. My characters chanches of having an happy ending are getting slimmer by the hour! wink

You may want to get away from the major routes if people are fleeing and fighting over bottles of water and packages of jerky. The population density drops more quickly as you move away from the city if you get across the Hudson. The Yonkers route keeps you in urban territory for too long. And there are some pretty rough neighborhoods there in the best of times.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Finally. I would stay at the rally point and wait for B. But there are too many variables to hope to find her by retracing what you assume her route will be. She may have had to opt for a different route.

I agree on this. But waiting for a loved one to show up would be nerve-racking for my character, and that might push him to do something really stupid.

Thank you very much!