We have a near by surplus store, a place selling overstocked or discontinued items. Yesterday, late afternoon or evening, I worked on an idea of building a first aid kit using surplus items.

This morning I went to CVS to buy a first aid kit case.

http://www.cvs.com/shop/health-medicine/...47?skuId=967347

At the surplus store, I bought a suture removal kit for $2.99 and used the scissors and forceps for the kit. I bought ten 2" x 2" gauze sponges for $0.05 each and put two in my kit. Moleskin for $0.99, a 1" role of Nexcare paper tape for $1.19 and store brand 2 OZ hand sanitizer for $0.29.

I included two p.a.w.s. antimicrobial hand wipes from a box of 100 for $4.99 and one Curad face mask from a box of ten for $3.99.

I included a used first aid book I bought online, one pair of Curad Nitrile exam gloves, a Curad 5" x 9" surgical dressing and a 30 Count box of 0.75" x 3" fabric bandages.

Mom asked if we need any more first aid kits. No, but that's not the point. I like building first aid kits and I have given away or donated some of my projects.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with CVS, the surplus store, Nexcare, p.a.w.s. or Curad.

Jeanette Isabelle