Yea, all the staff was asking why they weren't being evacuated when they could see all the people down in the street and hear about tall buildings being evacuated on the news.

Afterward they found out that the lawyers quietly were told to leave then the staff was finally released. So yes we decided to ask for forgiveness rather than permission next time.

I also couldn't call her and she couldn't call me either, all the phone lines were busy. We were able to get e-mail back and forth slowly. We kept each other up on the news as much as we could, I'd send a message asking if they were going to evacuate since other cities were evacuating tall buildings and she would respond that everyone was asking up the chain if they were. No one really said "no you can't leave" it was more of a "are we going to evacuate", "well I don't know, I'll ask" and repeat up through the management chain.

So when she was finally able to leave I had her start walking on the south side of the main street heading east toward our house and I'd circle around and pick her up. Parking was terrible so we'd drive down to her office and drop he off then I'd drive to work everyday.

On that day there might as well not been any traffic laws, no one was obeying them, running red lights, turning wherever, etc. There were a couple parking lots where one would give the attendant keys and $ and they park for you, well it seems those lots were only staffed at the beginning and end of business hours but not in between, either that or their attendants had already left. People would break into the booth to get their keys. I saw one guy get in one car and reverse it up over the curb and onto the sidewalk then get out leaving the engine running and door open and then get in his car and leave. Those lots would stack so deep that he had to move someone else car first to get his out and he just left the other person's car like that.

We made other changes that day such as upgrading cell phones to ones that could text for times when the lines were too busy.