Originally Posted By: AKSAR
Originally Posted By: dougwalkabout
Ah, the seasonal debate is back.
Yup. Must be that time of year.

Only three pages in, and we've already had the mandatory spray discussion, the obligatory minimum caliber debate, the essential shot placement analysis, and the 'should I buy a bigger gun' question. We also have it on good authority that "The idaho bear is still on the hunt for tasty humans or dogs". And we have been treated with the ever popular "you don't have to run faster than the bear" joke. As an added bonus, we've even got a "bear shark" meme.

Any topics we've failed to cover? Has anyone learned anything really new? Has the discussion changed anyone's opinion?

I agree. Seems this topic comes up every year and the same old arguments come forth.

None of these discussions change my opinion or thoughts on bears. After a lifetime of seeing and encountering bears in their natural habitat, I am not sacred of them - but respect them.

John Lubbock