Years ago, I saw a newscast about an unidentifed, now dead, Good Samaritan. The newscaster said he'd taken to wearing his old armed forces dog tag, when he went jogging.

Thereafter, I purchased a SS neck medallion from the .Medic Alert Foundation. They are a long standing not for profit. The medallion or bracelet has ID & emergency medical info inscribed. There are also an inscribed personal ID number and toll free phone number. A hospital can call, give the ID number and get your presubmitted medical history and next of kin.

EMS is trained to check for such ID. I highly recommend this option.

If I'm going on an especially long power walk, especially when I cross the state line, I also carry an inexpensive see-thru plastic waterproof wallet. It contains my driver's license, credit card, medical insurance card, ~$200, (2) aspirin, (2) H bandaids and (2) small antiseptic wipes. Further equipment includes my cell phone, key chain with Fox whistle and E-01 flashlight ( lithium battery), hot ironed yellow bandana vacuum sealed & with 40" folded Gorilla tape ,flat rolled on some plastic report cover. Now, post recent surgery, I also carry a hickory crookneck walking stick, just in case and for a boost on hills and stairs.

I know it sounds like a lot of kit. But it's light and compacts into 2-3 pockets in my running shorts or Patagonia Stand-Up shorts. I don't notice the weight on my trek. I didn't mean to pirate the thread, but one thing seemed to flow from one to the other.

Edited by acropolis5 (06/14/17 05:52 AM)