Originally Posted By: NAro
I understood the question to be what could YOU leave behind to facilitate identification of YOU if deceased or unable to interact with the authorities.

The first attempt to confirm identity will be fingerprints. You COULD leave a fingerprint card (you can find numerous private agencies to provide one) with a trusted party.

The second layer will be dental. The coroner/police will consult a forensic odontologist (dentist) to look at x-rays of the deceased and compare to x-rays from a dentist. So if you have a dentist who has taken x-rays of you mouth, you can leave the dentist's name with your trusted party: ...

A 10 fingerprint card is part of the missing child kit. It shouldn't be to hard to get a card for adults. If left with a trusted person, along with pictures of any prominent scars or tattoos, copies of dental X-rays, and relevant medical records (I have a collection of old breaks and some bits and pieces that I wasn't born with). I believe you are allowed to request a copy of your records.

Originally Posted By: haertig
You could wear an ankle bracelet with your name on it, dog tags, or slip one of the dog tag metal pieces into your wallet.

Dog tags were issued to school kids during the 1950's for the purpose of identifying loose kids, or the remains of one, after getting nuked. If you have a medical condition, like a penicillin allergy, then a MedAlert tag isn't an option. I wouldn't count on putting a tag in the wallet, since it's likely get stolen by the local entrepreneurs before the coroner gets around to scraping you up.

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane