It appears that I am guilty of replying to the header, not the video. blush grin For the record I don't have a single "EDC knife" but rather a metric crapload of knives that may or may not be carried depending on the circumstances.

First off, I'm pathologically averse to carrying a bunch of crap in my pockets! Generally I can tolerate one item in each pocket, and no more. My wallet must be in my back right, my phone in my front left, my keys in my front right with a flashlight also occupying that pocket but riding out the top with a pocket clip. If the pants I'm wearing have a large enough 'watch pocket' I'll carry my light there.

That leaves my back left pocket for an EDC knife. While I'm at work I have all my work keys on a carabiner along with an Olight I3E EOS (AAA light) and a Spyderco Dragonfly in HAP40. The blade is only 2" but it's razor sharp with staggering edge retention. Key is the fact that the whole shebang is just a few ounces.

Outside of work I will be carrying a larger folder in my rear pocket and an HK sidearm on my right side. That knife is generally one of three Spydercos- 1) Delica in VG10, 2) Delica in Super Blue (ie AoKo/Super Aogami), 3) Native5 in S30VN, or 4) Native5 in Maxamet. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool knife nerd and "steel geek" so my collection holds a lot of somewhat exotic stuff. I'll note that the VG10 Delica is a bit more pedestrian but it was the last gift given me by my father before he passed so it has sentimental value.

I find a knife essential in my day to day life and can scarcely imagine not having one. But a folder is sufficient for my needs. I am not trained in knife fighting so I will rely on H2H and/or a firearm for defense so my knife need not be tacticool.

When hiking or camping though I will carry more and larger knives. I like to have a large knife to baton wood for kindling in addition to a Silky saw (and a Fiskar's Splitting Axe when I can spare the weight).

I do have some cheap knives but I have more upscale stuff that I use in the field. Helle, Falkniven, Busse, ESEE, JK Handmade, Crashblades, etc. I took the $10 knife thing as a hypothetical challenge not something I'd necessarily rely on. True, a cheap knife can get the job done, but I like to play around with the swankier stuff.

I do have and use some multitools but it would be a rare circumstance when I'd have one on my as EDC.