As long as the thread is open again... The light I carry when I need a lot of illumination out the front end is the Thrunite TN-12. It has six output settings, well spread out from a very low 0.4 lumen Firefly mode to a Max around 850 lumen for the neutral white. The cool white version is advertised at 1100 lumen.

Other lights I have clipped to my pocket depending on situation (which I bought from CountyComm.com ) are:
A not quite neutral white Cree LED, Titanium body AAA (no longer available),
A neutral (warmer) white Nichia LED, AAA dressed in copper and,
A neutral (warmer) white Nichia LED, AA dressed in titanium.
All are nice lights, the two Nichia LED lights are available last I looked, but that can change. Check CountyComm's light page for current offerings. No affiliation other than liking their lights.

Edit: One more thought... I want an EDC light that initializes in its lowest setting. If I'm walking around at night with my eyes fairly well night adjusted, I do not want to blind myself when my light turns on. I like a low-Low, not simply lower than High -- 1 lumen or lower would be ideal, but some companies just don't get it. The CountyComm lights don't all initialize in low and their lows aren't all low enough IMO. The Ti AA is L-M-H, but the copper AAA and the Ti AAA are M-L-H. I carry the Ti AA at night when my eyes are more likely to be sensitized and I carry the AAA lights during the day when my eyes are not so sensitive. It's just something to consider. On this subject, the Thrunite TN-12 has a mode button separate from the On/Off switch. The light turns on at whatever setting you had it when it was turned off. I normally have that light turn on in Mode 4 which is about 400 lumen. That flashlight only comes out when a lot of light is required. Typically, that means coyotes when I'm walking the dog.

Edited by Russ (05/02/17 03:11 PM)
Edit Reason: One more thought...