Bacpacjac, Les Snyder, thanks for the link. The first thing I need to do differently is get a laptop. The Mac Mini, what I use, is the smallest desktop. It's still a desktop and being a desktop, it's not as portable.

When I took a class on Macs, I brought my Mac Mini. Apple had to provide the keyboard and monitor. Everyone else brought his or her laptop.

Mom likes to take short trips. I can use those to practice bugging out. Actually I already began to learn what works and what doesn't. So has Mom.

Currently I'm on the page where he talks about home.

http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/blogs/klessons/p/0036.html

A lot of what he's saying makes sense. Home is not just the house we live in. Home is where we are comfortable. That's why, when I lived in Dallas, I could so easily prepare for an unplanned overnighter because I was always someplace I felt comfortable. Now? I'm not even comfortable in this house in Florida though I've been here for three years. I'm already living in a tropical hell. If I had to bug out, would things be better or worse?

Jeanette Isabelle