Originally Posted By: hikermor
Precisely what are circumstances of this hypothesized "mass evacuation?" Any historical examples? Are we talking about something like the recent Oroville example, or something even more organized and controlled?

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
Originally Posted By: Russ
To some extent you can run what-if scenarios and prepare for those situations. Much of what we discuss here are just that in the sense of: "what if" that happened to me?

Be the situation a hurricane on its way, a tornado, wildfire or earthquake, the needs afterward are very similar in the way of shelter-water-food. The preps for one often suffice as preps for the others, basics are basics. Get the basic shelter-water-food for a hurricane and then expand for your specific what-if's.

Take the experiences of others here and use them, don't think of them in the abstract, think of whether those experiences apply to you.

I consider scenarios such as a tsunami, damaged infrastructure stopping products from getting to the stores, an EMP attack or some other attack on the power grid, war, the collapse of the economy and needing to get out of Dodge with nothing but what we can carry.

If it were just a tsunami, damaged infrastructure, attack on the power grid, war or collapse of the economy then likely we will bug in. If it appears as if it will get worse, we'll pack what we can.

One historical example may be World War II with the Jews fleeing to Israel. Another would be the Armenians fleeing to the United States.

I don't know what you mean by well organized.

Jeanette Isabelle