Originally Posted By: M_a_x
For stuff that needs to be gathered a physical checklist with items and storage space is helpful (I do that for e. g. my CAS equipment). It avoids chaos and ensures the things are there. It makes collecting the items as team easier to.

Your BOB list has Thermarest in it. Those pads do not react well on being stored rolled up for a long time. There might be better options.

Your BOB list is fairly long. Do not only make a thought exercise. Try to actually fit the equipment into the available room in the car. The bug-out scenario is not the time to discover that the items claim more space than is available. It also gives you an idea about the required time.
Create a packing sequence (maybe reflected in the check list). You may wish to have some items available without digging through a lot of other stuff.

Great ideas, Max, thanks! My organization needs to be better organized! You're exactly right that this needs to be more than just a thought exercise - and it is!

My intention is to figure out how to store this all together in the house - and actually do it! - but your suggestion to test the actual bug-out packing process is a great one! We practice living out of our packs and the pantry, and we also practice getting out of the house as quickly as possible in the event of a fire. Putting the two together is a fantastic idea. How quickly can we get into the car with everyone and everything we need? Challenge accepted!! Thank you!

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA