Earlier I told the story of why I started prepping. Here's the refresh:

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
I began prepping when I was a child. It happened in the checkout line of a grocery store when suddenly I needed to sneeze. All I had were my two hands. Fortunately a woman, also in the checkout line, handed me a Kleenex. Then on I had a Kleenex Pocket Pack on my person when I left the house.

Other examples include:

I have an anxiety disorder. I have medication on me for that.

Lip balm is always handy. I always have some on my person.

One situation did not happen to me; it happened to Mom. Mom stepped out of the house just to get something from the car. Therefore, she did not have her cell phone or anything of that nature on her. She stepped off the porch and somehow her footing wasn't right. She twisted her ankle and landed on the grown. Thinking no one inside could hear her she didn't even attempt to yell. It was at night and, though there's a street light at the corner, it was unlikely anyone could have seen her. Mom did manage to limp back inside. Because of that I bought a Fox 40 and kept it in my pocket since.

In my last several years in Dallas an unexpected overnighter was actually expected. I kept an 8 oz. bottle of water (that I could refill) and some food in my bag.

I had one friend who did not have water in her house because she was in a really bad situation. I have another friend who had her water cut off twice because she forgot to pay the bill. I did not have water to wash my hands with when I went to either of their houses so I began to carry those individual hand wipes.

What experiences have taught you to prep and what did you do to face that situation?

Jeanette Isabelle