Originally Posted By: bacpacjac
I think you're right, Mark. I'm going to go get a magnetic box today!

I had another key fob break on me while hiking this week. I need to figure out a carrying case for them while they're in my pack so they don't get smashed. The key portion broke off and fell before I realized it when I took my keys out of the pack. Thankfully, I had a second key stashed in my jacket, just in case, and was able to find the broken key within a few minutes of looking.

I sometimes think it might be easier to just ditch my car and go back to my bike and trailer! wink

I was thinking about something that bolts or straps to the car frame and requires a combination to open instead of a basic magnetic hide-a-key. Criminals aren't all dumb, and sooner or later you're going to run into somebody who knows to check for a hide-a-key.

If you're going to continue to squash keys, it may be in your interest to by a small, crushproof container to keep them in. Something along the lines of a Pelican Micro.

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane