Quote:
Find the nearest exam here...

Thanks. I seem to be surrounded by exams. Two per week for most weeks, within easy driving distance, several within 5 miles. Looks like the longest "dry spell" without tests for the foreseeable future is two weeks.

I think I will probably go ahead and get at least the Technician license, since it's convenience, inexpensive, could come in very handy some day, and shouldn't be terribly difficult since I do have some background in this (albeit, a couple of decades ago in college courses). We'll see how good my memory is once I start studying!

I looked at many of the sample questions. Breezed right through the technical ones (related to Elec Engr). Probably won't even need to review there, it was all very simple stuff.

The questions on rules and regs would take a little study. Many questions were pretty obvious and one could guess their way through them. But things like "Which agency does this?" would require learning, since that's all brand new to me. Also, "Which band is this frequency on?" would take a little study. There were also a few questions that fit into the oddball, "Why would they ask this?" category. Reminded me of some that popped up on my test when I transferred my Paramedic from Texas to Colorado. "What is the minimum ground clearance of an ambulance?" Huh? I ride in the back of them, I don't build them!