Yeah, there are both kerosene and LED lanterns here. If it's just a short power outage, there's no reason to break out the kerosene. An LED lantern is fine until the sun comes up and they don't smell. My other half liked my County Comm Lumora LED lantern so much I bought one just for her.

OTOH, I need my coffee et al and if the power is out when it's time to heat something, my GasOne butane stove comes out without a second thought. It heats water as fast if not faster than the electric stovetop.

OT: GasOne now has a dual fuel version. GAS ONE NEW GS-3400P Dual Fuel Portable Propane & Butane...
Quote:
...Compatible with both butane (Fuel not included) and propane fuel (Fuel not included) / Operates on a single butane cartridge 8 oz or a propane cylinder 16.4 oz (Propane converter Regulator Included) **With Propane connect the adapter hose to the stove first before connecting to the 16 oz Propane tank***...

I may do this. I already have a conversion line to use a 20# propane bottle on my Coleman stove, so maybe ...