I am not aware of any common standard, though some very good standards are available (BSA Wilderness Survival Merit Badge standards to name just one).

While a course may not be needed, the opportunity to practice skills in a realistic environment (with an appropriate safety net) is invaluable. For people in large cities, these may be the easiest way to accomplish such training.

Being retired military, and having extensive SERE training and experience, I can say that many former military do have some training, but their focus is usually a bit different. And doing something is very different from teaching something. I can say that the BSA Wilderness Survival Merit Badge standards are appropriate for 99.99% of the people out there. Go to a local Scout Shop and buy the pamphlet, it is good. It is totally in keeping with what Peter Kummerfeldt taught at eh Air Force Academy and with his book. It is also in keeping with Cody Lundin's book and what he teaches.

Survival (wilderness or otherwise) should be based on priorities of survival (not always in the same order):

Shelter: Preserve your core body temperature, learn how to build shelter in the environment you will be in.

Water: Understand the need and the physiological effects of dehydration. Learn methods of procurement and purification appropriate for the environment you will be in.

Signal: Carry the appropriate tools for signaling. Mirrors, whistles, fires, but also the longer range and technical tools if the environment requires it.

I would also include planning and the understanding of the psychological aspects of survival.

If the survival school begins to talk about evasion and concealment, run away, unless you are a member of the military (but they have their own schools for that) or plan on the need to evade law enforcement.

Food is low on the list of priorities, and not in the BSA list at all. Your purpose in a survival situation is to be found, and procuring food eats up energy quickly. Unless you have no hope of quick recovery, you have little need to learn about snares and traps or hunting. Are these skills good to know? Yes, but they have little application for most people in most situations. If you are a pilot in Alaska or Canada, I would learn about food procurement.

I believe that ETS can provide a resource for people looking for such training, and a way to evaluate whether the training is appropriate for them, but only based on what is either advertised or comes from previous attendees. A sort of clearing house of information. It would require people who do attend to post evaluations, and that would require a standard criteria for evaluations. Otherwise it is just anecdotal reporting.