cthompson001:

From what I have read on the web, broken firing pin springs on the shotgun are a common problem.

One gentleman I talked to at the gunshop said he fixed his with a spring from a Parker pen ballpoint pen.

I would imagine any ballpoint pen spring with the right diameter will work. You have to cut off enough coils from the spring to hold the firing pin back, but you do not want to cut so many coils that the compressed spring keeps the firing pin from striking the primer.

Cut as long a piece as seems necessary, install it and put a piece of plywood against the receiver face to determine if the firing pin makes a deep enough indentation to effect a primer. If not, take the spring out and cut off part of the spring coil, reinsert the assembly and try it again until the firing pin makes a decent impression in the plywood yet is still held clear of the receivers firing pin hole.

I understand parts for the old left side selector are near impossible to obtain, so make friends with a good machinist just in case.

Good luck!

Bountyhunter