Originally Posted By: LCranston

4) Are there portable jump start units that would be safe to leave in a car? If so, how long do they last?

I have one of those battery kits that has a Lithium Ion battery, multiple adaptors for cellphones, etc. [Antigravity Batteries AG-XP-10 Multi-Function Power Supply and Jump Starter].

I once had a car battery that got damaged somehow and required several jumpstarts before I could get home and get it replaced. The battery had no problem jumpstarting the car repeatedly without itself being recharged in between jumpstarts. It will also run my my Viar 88p inflator without difficulty. It seems to retain its full charge for at least several months in between topoffs from either the 110V AC or 12V DC.

The included adaptors seem to fit just about everything, and all the pieces come in a decent zippered nylon case. The car battery alligator clamps do have quite short cords, so you need to find a safe spot under the hood near the battery to place the unit if you're by yourself.

Overall, I rate this as a reliable, well designed and very handy kit. The case fits inside a two gallon ziplock bag since it is not waterproof, and I keep it in my car's trunk. I hope that helps.

Jeff

Edited by JeffMc (11/29/16 05:35 PM)