We traveled over the holiday weekend, from cool Nebraska to Warm California.
Trip itself was fine.
Upon arriving back in Omaha at 11:15, I volunteered to run ahead to get the car from long term parking while my wife, 2 kids, and M.i.l stayed to get the luggage.
It was a balmy 41 degrees, I wanted the car warm for the very sleepy 7 yr old.
Upon arriving at the car, I discovered a dead battery. So dead I could not unlock the car. AND, the valet key was missing.

1st called wife, no answer
texted wife, no answer
2nd Called 12 yr old no answer
texted 12 year old-- Success!
Wife called me back; evidently the one carryon I had contained her phone (sigh)

Called AAA for locksmith and jump start. ((the airport had guy with jumper cables, but without access to inside of car, I cannot ge tthe $$$$$$ hood up.))
Had wife get rental car to drive home after AAA quoted 30 minute to 2 hour wait.
Waiting outside for 30 minutes, then got in Parking shuttle bus to warm up while waiting AAA.

AAA arrived at 12:15, and I was on the way home by 12:30.

Takeaways;
1) Always have a coat. Golf sweater kept me from freezing, but uncomfortable.
2) replace missing Valet Key- our second set has one, copying it. This would have saved 30-60 minutes; airport could have given me a jump.
3) considering mechanic to look for phantom load in car; checked, no lights left on, nothing plugged in... 2008 Dodge Garnd Caravan, only outside for 7 days, not sure why battery was dead.
4) Are there portable jump start units that would be safe to leave in a car? If so, how long do they last?

Would welcome, comments, feedback.