We used less than 16 gallons for 6 people, 2 dogs and 2 cats. That was for drinking and cooking. We did share a few gallons with neighbors as well.

Water was out for about 20 hours, with not enough pressure to fill the tank on the toilets. We were not short of water though, plenty in the nearby lakes. I also did collect in the tubs, though it was a very slow trickle. It was enough to use for the toilets. We had no shortage of water, just not potable one not coming out of the tap.

Power was out for about 24 hours. We had ice chests and obtained ice right before the power went out. We did not have a great deal that needed refrigeration, and nothing critical. We also consumed the perishables first, had kind of a feast during the storm to empty the refrigerator. We emptied the freezers last, and there was very little thawing. The first thing we cooked was the 5 pounds of shrimp. Did not want to smell that if it thawed! We had a picnic out back. I have some substantial camping cooking capabilities, so cooking was not an issue.

I do not have a generator as I have no critical need for power.