Originally Posted By: chaosmagnet
My plan is to carry an LM Rebar, concealed in a pocket. I don't like doing without an OHO blade but I also don't want to have any run-ins with NYPD. Fortunately it will be a brief visit.

Unfortunately, the Rebar blades do lock. I would either take the precaution of popping off the locking bars, or going with something that doesn't lock.

Originally Posted By: chaosmagnet
I'm not a lawyer, this is what I looked up. Apparently carrying a "dirk, dagger or stiletto" carries with it the rebuttable presumption that one intended to use it unlawfully against a person. I haven't found definitions of "dirk, dagger or stiletto" that are sufficiently clear to me to indicate that any fixed knife I own isn't one of those under NYC law. I suspect that I could win in court if I were ticketed or arrested for carrying a small fixie, but I sure as heck don't want to find out.

dirk, dagger or stiletto has commonly been accepted to mean fixed blade knives. IIRC, modified to cut or stab, i.e. sharpened screwdriver, also falls under this definition.

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane