"Get off my lawn!" seems a little harsh, but I can't imagine that US Customs or Homeland Security would be very welcoming if Canadian citizens had done the same thing and landed on their shores. Perhaps we should double down, show no mercy, and use those criminals as examples for other would be border hoppers. Cover 'em all in maple syrup and beaver fur and hang them from the Birch trees as a warning! We simply can't have a flood of illegal American aliens invading us at will.

If this is an annual and predictable event, maybe the Canadian and US border authorities should partner to get on-board and charge landing and transportation fees as part of the event registration fee, and maybe turn it into a charity event.

I'm sure that most of us at ETS understand that entering another country is a big deal, especially if you're landing illegally. On the other hand, Canada does have a family-like relationship with the US.

My husband's family hails from the shores of the St. Lawrence River in the 1,000 Islands area, where you can almost see the colour of the eyes of the Americans on the other side of the river. They fondly cling to the old days when crossing that border was no big deal. In fact, my Snowbird Mother-in-Law said to me a few years ago, as I expressed concerns about my children joining them on a vacation South of the border:

Quote:
"Your problem is that you keep thinking of it (a.k.a. The States) as a different country."

LOL!

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA